I felt like I was 5 going on 30. My father was the best father ever. I didn’t think there was anyone better than him. My father had just become king two years before I was born. A year later he married my mother. They were very happy together and the town loved them, especially my mother. The next year they had me. The whole town knew about me. I would get gifts from all of the town’s people. It wasn’t that we needed the gifts for me it more along the lines of the town’s people wanted to be respected. I didn’t need the gifts because my family was very wealthy being in the royal family. My mother was the one who raised me she took me outside to the balcony off my room every night we watched the sunset go down. I would usually fall asleep before the sun went all the way down. My mother stayed outside with me in her lap until the sun was all the way down. When the sun is gone she would then lay me down on my bed and go to sleep. My mother’s name is Emmaline as well as is mine. My mother is very beautiful and she would keep my father inline when my father made a decision for the town that was completely insane. My mother had green eyes they reminded me of the tall cedar tree in the garden next to my balcony. I love going out in the night and look out to the stream by the forest.
“Miss your breakfast is ready. Is there anything else you need?” the maid asked me. “No thank you and tell my father I will be right down for breakfast please” I was always running a little late for breakfast. I didn’t know if it was because I was just never hungry that early in the morning or if I just procrastinate a bit too much. “Yes right away mam” she replied and turned around and left. I found my cloths for the day laying on my footstep. It was pink like the summers sunset. It had beautiful embroidery all along it. I got dressed as fast as I could. I then stepped outside to my balcony. It felt like the perfect morning. You know with the fantasy where all the animals are just coming out from the forest raining for about a week straight. First the birds come out soaring across the sky. Then the rabbits come hopping out with the deer following it out of the forest. The deer then stops and looks around. The deer would prance off looking all snooty then the slow turtle would take it time walking across this small patch of perfect green grass. I usually picture this every morning wishing that would actually happen. But if that were to happen then that would mean the world is perfect and perfection is exactly the opposite of what the world is. This might be why my imagination can carry me away is because I wanted perfection in the world but I knew I would never see it happen. I walked back inside my room after getting my morning fresh air. At this time my maid would usually comb and do my hair but I decided to comb it myself. I put my nice pink shoes on and hurried downstairs to breakfast. As I walked out of my room and closed my maid asked “May I make your bed now” “why yes thank you” I replied. The stairway went in a downward spiral and it was a hassle to go down. The steps seemed so far away from each other and made the stride of my step larger. It wasn’t the proper way to go down the steps but who was there to judge? I was wearing my nice shoes and as I went faster and faster I stumbled a couple of times. I didn’t know why I wanted to get to breakfast on time but I did. There was something about today that was extraordinary I just didn’t know what it was. It just felt like it.
When I finally arrived downstairs I found my father and mother waiting for me at the table. “You are down here rather early for your schedule.” My father told me rather surprised. “What, a daughter can’t be on time to breakfast” I replied sarcastically. “Do you have anything planed for today?” My mother asked me as if my schedule is always empty. My mother has been sick for about a month now. The doctors couldn’t figure out why she was sick but they promised they would do their best to try and figure it out. My mother acted as if there wasn’t anything wrong with her but I knew down inside she really was worried. She hasn’t lived long enough, hasn’t seen enough. If she had seen enough I don’t think she would be as worried about the fact that she might die.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment